Four writers read their own work for seven minutes or less and are judged by three all-star judges. Two finalists will be chosen to compete in the Literary Death Match finale, a vaguely-literary game that will steal your affection/attention.
- Literary Merit: Elissa Bassist, writer and editor of Funny Women at The Rumpus
- Performance: TBD!
- Intangibles: Baratunde Thurston, author of How to Be Black and founder of Cultivated Wit
- Tayari Jones, author of Silver Sparrow and professor at Rutgers MFA program
- Alina Simone, musician and author of You Must Go and Win
- Alexander Chee, author of Edinburgh: A Novel, winner of Asian American Writers Workshop Literature Award
- Dan Wilbur, comedian and author of How Not to Read: Harnessing the Power of a Literature-Free Life
Hosted by LDM creator Adrian Todd Zuniga. Produced by Kirsten Sims.
Cost: $12 (click here to buy tickets)
This event is 21+.