Today my lack of sleep started catching up to me. If I wasn't actively talking, walking or cheering, I was dozing off. This doesn't mean Dems are boring. It just means that ousting the occupying forces in my hometown of DC takes a lot of energy...
Today's activities (July 29)
- Attended African American Caucus and heard some rousing speeches by black congressional leaders. Also included drop in performances by Hillary Clinton and Teresa Heinz Kerry. Everybody wants to talk to the black people!
- Participated in workshop titled Building the Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy organized by 2020 Democrats, Democratic Leadership for the 21st Century and the Campaign for a National Majority. Featured guests were David Brock and Joe Trippi
- Attended interfaith service "Let Justice Roll," focused on issues of hunger and poverty and keynoted by Rev. James Forbes of NYC's Riverside Church
- Performed at The Comedy Connection and a Kerry fundraiser at The Comedy Vault
- Partied hearty with New Yorkers at the Gotham Magazine party at Avalon nightclub. Speakers included Steve Buscemi and Alec Baldwin. Private concert by Brian McKnight!!!
- Super latenight viewing of Al Sharpton's speech on C-SPAN.